INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you visit our web site or use our services, our servers automatically collects certain browser or device generated information, including but not limited to:
- Public IP address
- Web browser type
- Operating system information
In some cases this information constitutes personal data. We do not use this automatically collected information to try to identify you by name and we do not associate it with the information you provide voluntarily, as detailed below. This information is used for statistical purposes, to prevent modifying, reverse engineering or decompiling of our services.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
In order to access or use certain portions of our web site or services, or otherwise in conducting business with us, you may be prompted to provide certain personal data to us in the following ways:
- Persons who subscribe to our services may be prompted to provide their name, address and phone number depending on which payment method is chosen.
- Persons who complete registration forms to create a user account on our web site will be prompted to provide their e-mail address.
- Prospective and current users may provide personal data when filling in forms on our web site. In these cases, the personal data you give us is used to resolve any inquiries.
This personal data is required to provide you services, failure to provide any information will result in our inability to provide requested services.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain fraud and risk scoring data about you or identity verification from third parties.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The following is an overview of our purposes for using your personal data. Additional details on how we process your personal data may be provided to you in a separate notice. All processing and use of your personal data is justified by a "condition" for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- The processing is necessary if you subscribe to our services or to provide product information you have requested.
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation, such as keeping accounting records.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
- Our legitimate interests are to use web site and customer data to conduct and develop our business activities with them while limiting the use of their personal data to purposes that support the conduct and development of our business.
We use the personal data we collect to:
- Provide you with services you have subscribed to or otherwise requested.
- Provide you with documentation or communications which you have requested.
- Administer and manage performance of sales agreements with our customers.
- Provide after sales help and support.
- Correspond with users to resolve their queries or complaints.
- Market our services to persons whose services have expired or otherwise been cancelled.
- Process, evaluate and complete certain transactions involving ShareXHosting.com products and services.
- Operate, evaluate, maintain, improve and develop the web site.
- To increase your and other users experience according to tracked interests, to analyze and target potential new markets and for other marketing purposes.
- Protect and ensure safety of ShareX Hosting confidential and proprietary information.
- Manage, protect against and investigate fraud, risk exposure, claims and other liabilities, including but not limited to violation of our contract terms or laws or regulations.
We also use non-personal data and aggregate information, such as that collected automatically, to customize our marketing efforts or to customize the use of our web site for an aggregate group of customers. ShareX Hosting will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose personal data about web site visitors or users of our services in our sole discretion we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including:
- To satisfy any laws, regulations, governmental or legal requests for such data.
- To disclose personal data that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our TOS or other user policies.
- To cooperate with law enforcement authorities, private party litigants and others seeking information about our end users to the extent required by applicable law.
Transfer of Personal Data of EU Users
If your personal data is transferred to other ShareX Hosting affiliates or to third party service providers, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it remained within the EU.
We use safeguards that go beyond standard PCI DSS such as advanced firewalls, intrusion detection systems, encrypted data transmissions and only authorize access to personal data for those who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. All personal data we retain in our databases is either encrypted or hashed and not stored in plain text. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third party hackers from illegally obtaining this information. We take all reasonable measures to prevent such breaches of security, but given the resourcefulness of cyber criminals we are unable to guarantee that our security is 100% breach proof. You assume the risk of such breaches to the extent that they occur despite our reasonable security measures.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data only for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. In general, we retain your personal data for as long as your account is active, or a period of 12 months if your account becomes dormant to maintain an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of payment disputes or to prevent users that violate our TOS from creating new accounts. However, in some circumstances we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required.
You are entitled to review, correct or amend your personal data, or to delete that information where it is inaccurate. You may do this at any time by logging in to your account and clicking on Edit Profile. Dormant accounts and all personal data associated are automatically deleted from our servers.
We use encrypted cookies to keep you logged in, remember your preferences, identify a device, help better understand user behavior and for proprietary security reasons. By using our web site, you agree that we can place these cookies on your computer or device. If you disable the ability to accept cookies, you will not be able to log in to our web site.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Our web site and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA, do not use this web site. If we learn or have reason to suspect that you are under the age of 13, we will unfortunately have to lock your account.
CALIFORNIA ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT COMPLIANCE
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Occasionally, we may include or offer third party products or services on our web site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites and encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third party sites.